Guidelines for the 2016 Ginowan City ALT･JTE Applicants
Assistant Language Teacher (ALT) or Japanese Teacher of English (JTE) at
an elementary school or a junior high school in Ginowan City
**** This is a temporary position ****
2. Recruitment Period
Friday, December 18th, 2015 through Friday, January 15th, 2016
* The Board of Education accepts applications from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
except for Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
* The Board of Education will close for year-end and the New Year holidays
from Monday, December 28th, 2015 to Sunday, January 3rd, 2016.
(1) Possess legal residency and permitted to work (with no restrictions).
***For non-Japanese applicants***
(2) Graduated from a college or a university
(3) A native speaker or a speaker of English as a second language or
be able to communicate in English sufficiently
(4) Be able to follow Japanese teachers’ instructions
(5) Be willing to participate in school events and extracurricular activities
(6) Does not have any pending disciplinary or legal problems
(1) Support for teaching English at an elementary school
(or at a junior high school).
(2) Planning and preparing teaching materials.
(3) Teaching English using team-teaching method with homeroom teachers
at an elementary school (or with English teachers at a junior high school).
(4) Other things that the school principal orders.
5. Appointment Period
Monday, April 4th, 2016 – Wednesday, July 20th, 2016
Wednesday, August 24th, 2016 – Saturday, December 31st, 2016
Sunday, January 1st, 2017 – Friday, March 24th, 2017
* Appointment period shall be one year.
* Working days in FY2016 are approximately 211 days.
6. Working Conditions
(1) Working hours
Monday through Friday 8:15 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
* No school on Saturdays, Sundays, public holidays,
Okinawa Memorial Day,
year-end and the New Year holidays.
* The school principal may change the working hours
stated above depending on school events.
Daily wage: 12,000 yen
Commuting allowance shall be provided according to the City Regulations.
(3) Paid leave
Paid leave shall be provided according to the City Regulations.
(4) Insurance, etc.
Unemployment insurance, health insurance and pension fund shall be
deducted from monthly salary.
7. How to Apply
(1) Documents to be submitted
a) FY2016 Ginowan City ALT/JTE Application Form
(the form designated by the City) *Please go to Ginowan city
Board of education site. You will be able to download
the applicatuon form (PDF).
b) Copy of diploma
c) Copy of passport (pages showing your photo and visa status)
d) Copy of Alien Registration Card or Resident Card
e) Copy of teacher’s license or any other licenses or certifications
related to English education
f) Reference (If you have)
g) Copy of driver’s license (If you have)
h) Return envelope (w/stamp)
(2) Submission destination
Ginowan City Board of Education Guidance Section
(*on the second floor of Ginowan City Water Bureau Building)
Address: 〒901-2203 730 Nodake, Ginowan City, Okinawa
* Please bring the documents to the Board of Education or
send them by mail.
We will not accept the documents sent by E-mail or Fax.
8. Selection Process
○ Candidates will be examined upon submission of documents
(first examination), and those who passed the first examination
will be invited for an oral interview (second examination).
○The result of the second examination will be sent to you
by mail using the return envelope you provide
Ginowan City Board of Education
ALT/JTE coordinator: Fujino Tamaki
TEL: 098-892-8289 FAX: 098-892-0116